The Vision Russell/Choice Neighborhood Initiative is an effort focused on developing a plan to transform the Russell neighborhood. To realize this goal, an extensive partnership of residents and key stakeholders is working together to solve problems and find opportunities that will:
- Make Russell a neighborhood of opportunity and choice for everyone who lives, works or worships in the community;
- Attract investments to Russell that improve the quality of life for all residents; and
- Redevelop the Beecher Terrace public housing community as part of an overall plan for improving the neighborhood.
To help develop this plan for Russell, we have been actively seeking input from residents and stakeholders through a variety of outreach efforts including several surveys.
To date the Choice Neighborhood Initiative (CNI) planning team has completed:
- A resident needs assessment of Beecher Terrace households. Please CLICK HERE to see the survey results. For survey highlights CLICK HERE.
- A survey of households who either live, work or worship in the Russell neighborhood. Please CLICK HERE to see the survey results.
The CNI team is currently conducting a survey of Russell businesses. If you own a business in Russell, and would like to help ensure that your business and employees benefit from the Vision Russell planning effort please CLICK HERE to take a short survey. The survey can be taken online at www.surveymonkey.com/r/RussellBusiness through November 30th, 2015.
You can also contact Amy Luckett at 719-7194 if you’d prefer to take the survey on the phone, or if you’d like to learn more about how to participate in the planning process.